Things I love about my new place:
Comfy brown couch
Lavender oil diffuser
Espresso pot with which to make cappuccinos every morning (I much prefer them to cappuccinos anywhere else).
My own room, painted "Eucalyptus Leaf." It's not green. I had a crisis and changed my mind, and I love the color.
My glorious bed. It is finally here.
Framed pictures from Europe on the wall, soon to be accompanied by a world map and vintage Barcelona bullfight poster.
A big closet.
Space.
Space.
Space.
A fresh start.

And other such things. Now it's time to go to Rachel's and then jazz. A more substantial update to come.

With love and the limpics,
Megan

~this is new~

So jazz didn't happen, and therefore I will say this. I have been so astounded by salvation lately, which is really refreshing and it's the grace of God that brings me to this point.

The phrase, "my sins are all washed away," keeps creeping into my mind. Every time I utter or sing that phrase, even run through it in my head, I am instantly immersed in peace. A smile probably comes across my face and I try my best to let truth sink in as far as possible-- to permeate the unbelief and apathy that so often envelop my heart.

We read a chapter on confession from The Celebration of Discipline (Foster) for Bible study this week. I think I tend to underestimate the severity and frequency of my sin in order to feel better about God loving me. It's always been really difficult for me to accept that God loves me so deeply that He would die for me. So looking over my own sin has been a crutch to facilitate my grasp of God's love. To see myself as a sort of decent person makes it easier for me to believe God loves me. Turns out that, when I see my sin for what it is, and when I see myself as what I really am-- wicked, broken, human to the core-- God, too, sees every bit of it and chooses to love me anyway. And kick it up a notch, He sees Christ's righteousness on me!!! Are you getting this?

Buh.

I think my brain just exploded.

So I will leave you with this. We sang this before communion a few weeks ago. It's so good.

Man of Sorrows-- what a name
For the Son of God, who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim.
Hallelujah, what a Savior.

Bearing shame and scoffing rude,
In my place condemned He stood.
Sealed my pardon with His blood,
Hallelujah, what a Savior.

Guilty, vile, and helpless we;
Spotless Lamb of God was He.
Full atonement-- can it be?
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Lifted up was He to die;
"It is finished," was His cry.
Now in heaven exalted high,
Hallelujah, what a Savior!

When He comes, our glorious king,
All his ransomed home to bring,
Then anew His song we'll sing:
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

1 Comment

  1. Emerly Sue on August 22, 2008 at 6:03 PM

    It's funny how sometimes the simplest truths penetrate and impact us the most.