I just read this on J.D.'s blog. It is real good. Read the whole thing.

What of Peter's admonition to "be ready to give an answer?" He means we are to live in such a way that our lives BEG a question from people that are watching, not that we're just ready to "talk about our faith when people are curious." Our lives were to be so characterized by RADICAL generosity, and they were to display such joy in the midst of suffering, that people were simply befuddled and had to ask us what was wrong with us.

I went to the Orange House today. [The Orange House is a house whose residents are living with AIDS and receiving care. I'm doing my final photo story on them, and I am so freaking excited.] I LOVE these people. They are so willing to speak (perhaps not so much willing to be photographed), but willing to say, "life goes on; I take care of myself now better than I ever did." And vulnerable enough to say, "Don't be afraid of me." And hilarious enough to tell inappropriate jokes and say to me, "Oh it's ok for you to have a drink. We just got new cups." -- after talking about how misinformed people think you can catch AIDS by drinking out of the same glass, etc. I just want to go hang out with them! I'm really excited to do audio interviews with them tomorrow; I think I have a really good idea for an audio plotline if I can get the audio to work it.

Mk. Places to go, people to see.

With love and IT TOTALLY SNOWED THE OTHER DAY FOR LIKE 10 MINUTES, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!,
Megan

1 Comment

  1. Emerly Sue on November 22, 2008 at 10:21 AM

    I want to hear/see!