It's starting to set in that I'm leaving for two years. It is scaring the CRAP out of me.

I think it would have been easier to bolt right out of college, but now that I've settled into a full-time job and doing a lot more with my church and spending lots of time with RDU friends, I have become comfortable. And I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm called to this writing/photo job (so many things have been orchestrated over the past 8 months or so). It's just going to be really, really, really hard.

I try to focus on what I'm moving toward, not what I'm leaving behind. This is primarily because the thought of leaving my family, my dearest friends and my work-family makes me weep. (No hyperbole here.) I know I will have to face it, and it will SUCK. But I just can't. Not until I have to. Oh darn, now I'm thinking about it and here come the waterworks.

Two years is a long time.

In other news, I decorated my planner through the beginning of February. That always makes me happy. And I cleaned my room a bit. I need a haircut. I need to take photos for my prayer cards. I need to chill out and stop thinking of more things I need to do.

Also, I got a Christmas card today that was super encouraging, and it made me cry. Of course it's from a new, wonderful friend whom I am just getting to know and have to leave in January! Baaah!

With love and trying not to be too sentimental,
Megan

2 comments

  1. michael on December 14, 2009 at 12:26 AM

    The Avett Brothers have a brilliant lyric,

    "When you run, make sure you run to something and not away from"

    Seems like what you're doing.

     
  2. samantha on December 24, 2009 at 1:53 PM

    what is the official date megan?? send me a prayer card!!!