I'm so thankful for the way Scripture refreshes. When I spend time away from it, I get that weak feeling... that feeling I get when I'm too lazy to pack healthy lunches for work and consequently eat nothing but fast food all day... that dehydrated, malnourished, alive-but-not-living-well feeling.

And then I come back to Scripture, and it's like everything falls into place again. This is the way things are supposed to be. God speaks, and I am filled with truth.

While those times away from God's Word are not good, I do return with a certain thirst for it, the kind that results only from separation. Even the simplest words of truth completely alter my perspective.

That's how I'm feeling today... I'm just skimming across the Old Testament, taking in all the goodness of God, His faithfulness to Israel over and over and over again, even when they were so unfaithful. Every instance of His faithfulness strikes me because I know it so well. He is so good to me when I am selfish to the core.

The end.

With love and such,
Megan

2 comments

  1. Emerly Sue on December 28, 2009 at 11:58 PM

    Yes ma'am. Isn't it funny how wisdom is found so easily in God's Word but we seek it out so wimpily. (this is not a word and also sounds funny when you say it out loud...)

     
  2. Megan on December 29, 2009 at 8:54 PM

    saying it out loud changes everything! It sounds like "wimple" which makes me think of The Sound of Music.