I'm pretty convinced that I'm going to look back in a few years and ask myself what I was thinking, all those hours I spent looking at freaking facebook and doing things of no purpose.

I need to read more and seek God and knowledge and eloquence and things of importance. I do not need to waste my life doing things that don't matter, things that aren't beautiful and ordained by the Lord for my benefit.



I went to Crusade last night, and it was really great. I used to be an IV-er, but for some reason it was really hard for me to fit in to that group of people. But at Crusade, the speaker talked about prayer, and he handed out this sheet FULL of verses on the effectiveness of prayer. And I learned something new-- that God chooses to use our prayers in His plan. I feel like a lot of people make the argument that prayer doesn't really do anything because God is sovereign and knows what's going to happen anyway. I've also heard that prayer is just for our benefit and doesn't really change things. But there was one verse that I don't remember seeing before, and God said that He wanted to save a city, if only someone stood up. But no one did, and so He destroyed it. And there is, of course, the verse that says the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

I need to get these references together.

But that's something I need to be learning-- what a privilege it is that Jesus died so that the curtain between us and the Holy of Holies could be torn in two, that we can speak with the God of the universe, and He desires so deeply for us to do so!

I think this hit me especially hard because lately I've been praying for guidance in a certain really important situation... but it was just essentially a repetitive, "Show me what to do, God, please."

Sooo yes. This was good for me to hear.

And I'm going to buy groceries today. No more icky lean cuisine "butternut squash ravioli."

With love and freedom Friday,
Megan

1 Comment

  1. PistolPete10 on January 22, 2008 at 12:09 PM

    James 5:16