Sunday, I climbed into my jeep after a day of Raleigh-going. I drove onto 540, and in front of me was a beautiful sunset-- on the twilight side-- with streaks of lavender clouds all across the sky like paint. I gazed and sang to great songs on my ipod, and then... I realized I had missed my exit. By this time, almost all traces of the sun were nearly gone, and the sky had faded to indigo. I took the next exit and, pretty sure I recognized the name of the road, took it to 40.

But that little break from all things academic and obligatory was nice. It was a time to breathe--albeit only 15 minutes on a Sunday evening-- it was so refreshing.

The Daily Tar Heel is going to be a LOT of work, I think. Shifts are five hours long, and they follow my longest day of classes. I'm also applying for a series of jobs.

The summer is far from my mind, as far as internships and jobs are concerned... I am in the process of applying for some things. But I know I am really ready for sleeveless tops, flip flops, open windows and a little bit more country music than I typically permit my speakers to play. I want an adventure, I want my hair to grow out. But I AM still happy with scarf weather and potential snowstorms. So, I'm content.

I finished an advertising project today... that just made me really relieved. Another thing to check off in my planner!

Hopefully, the same will happen with many other things over the course of this semester.


I really, really, really miss Europe.

With love and toothpaste,
Megan

0 comments