I've been listening to "fever" over and over again. It's on the Dan in Real Life soundtrack, which I have also been listening to compulsively. This Icelandic guy does most of the songs, and he's just fantastic. Good job, Iceland.

Bristol and I went to the beach yesterday (and experienced the most fantastic weather EVER, just so you know). And I bought a hemp necklace, which takes me back to high school days when I used to make them. That was fun times. But it was really nice to be away, on the sand (and in it), walking with a strong breeze swirling about me.

Bristol knows that's the biggest understatement of the century.

I got my class ring last week. It's so scary/exciting/thrilling/sad that I'm gonna be graduating in a year. I'm actually getting really excited about it. The world is so open to you. You can just hop a plane to Africa or who knows where. Ok, so you have to get a work visa and all that jazz, but that's really amazing. Gosh, I'm excited.

I'm reading Ezekiel right now, which, it turns out, is a real bummer a lot of the time. Lots about God's judgment and wrath. But one thing that sticks out to me is how Ezekiel asks God, essentially, "Why do you have to do this? I don't understand." And God responds by addressing the severity of sin as well as His power-- the fact that He is holy and always just. It's hard to think about God being simultaneously just and full of mercy. I'm so glad that He is both of these. And I'm so glad for Jesus, who made a way for both justice and mercy by giving himself for me. I am so happy for how the gospel fits everything together!!! It makes so much sense, and it is such a part of everything-- from our innate desire for justice to nature to sex to the order of things in the universe.

Isn't it really great how beautiful and strong and totally beyond comprehension God is?

With love and purple flowers,
Megan

3 comments

  1. Nathan on May 14, 2008 at 10:24 AM

    didn't one band do that whole soundtrack?

     
  2. Bristol on May 15, 2008 at 6:48 PM

    tropical winds. that's it. haha.
    i still had fun. see you soon!!

     
  3. Emerly Sue on May 19, 2008 at 4:28 PM

    I would like to say that I always think about the historical inaccuracies of that song, haha.