One astronomy exam stands between me and 5 days of freedom. Huzzah. I have never been so demotivated to study for anything, ever. Not only have I squeaked by with a C- on each exam in this class so far, but I really don't know much of anything from this class. When did my brain become this incapable of retaining knowledge? I don't even know.

I just moved into my roommate's room (which doesn't seem to make sense-- all it means is that I get my own room in the apartment for the summer, and that makes me happy). The only downside is that a big poster of Johnny Depp is always watching me. I might have to do something about that.

I've been way too focused on relationships and the future lately. I'm sure the series on Song of Solomon at Summit didn't help that. But it's been consuming my mind-- evaluating the current state of things, thinking about what my marriage would be like one day, thinking of how I probably wouldn't be able to simultaneously date someone and do all these crazy things I want to do after college. I think I keep finding other things to occupy my mind with instead of being enveloped in God and the things He wants to teach me, especially in this new time of singleness and real freedom to do anything. It's funny how the thing I should be freed of ends up finding a way to creep back in and distract me from what I should be doing.


With love and music,
Megan

3 comments

  1. Emerly Sue on May 5, 2008 at 11:48 PM

    Freedom is a strange concept.

     
  2. LinktothePast on May 9, 2008 at 6:29 PM

    A venue for goals 11, 18, and 45.

     
  3. Nathan on May 13, 2008 at 7:52 PM

    listen

    put me and andy in your wonderful people area


    -nathan