I may just be totally procrastinating from studying for my two exams tomorrow, but I have been really frustrated about not knowing what I'm passionate about doing for the rest of my life (other than serving God and telling people about Him, of course). And I've been really emotional lately about missing Europe. I look through my pictures, and sometimes I get really, really frustrated with them. I couldn't really figure out why. But I think it's because I long so strongly to go back there. To be there, not just look at pictures of where I have been. To be a part of the culture and observe and learn and revel in beauty. To continue to do so, not just look back and remember that time I went there and did this amazing thing. I don't think I can live with this one experience just being a memory.

This might have been obvious, but I think my passion (or at least one of them) might be travel.

And I feel really comfortable saying that.

I feel like this is a really dumb thing to say. But it was kind of a "this makes sense" thing for me. And it can manifest itself in missions, writing, photography...

I don't know.

With love and something off my chest,
Megan

3 comments

  1. Bristol on May 1, 2008 at 12:28 PM

    i love you. i think we should talk more often, because i feel like we relate so well...

     
  2. Emerly Sue on May 2, 2008 at 12:53 PM

    Travel to Greensboro. Because I have had another schedule change up.

     
  3. Tony Kim on May 5, 2008 at 4:04 PM

    hey, its tony from work.
    have you ever heard of YWAM?
    Youth With A Mission? It's one of the biggest Christian missions organizations in the world, and they have bases almost every where.
    I think you'd have a good time working with them.
    They do things called Discipleship Training Schools where you take six months to learn more about God and go on an outreach to places like Thailand, Panama, India, South Africa and even around America.
    Last summer, I led a group of high school students to Mongolia for a summer mission trip and the year before that, I helped take a group of students through Sweden and Latvia. I've gone to Mexico with them in the past as well.
    This sounded like a good option for you too, because:

    1. You like Jesus
    2. You like to travel
    3. You like photography
    4. You like writing about stuff

    haha. so why not do all three sometime?
    I dunno, just a suggestion. I stay in contact with a the base in Orlando, Fla., so I can hook you up with them if you'd like. Alright, see you at work!

    Tony Kim