I love it when the seasons change. Spring is here now, and that makes me happy. I love how wisteria climbs on trees and street signs, and how you can smell it faintly when you drive with windows down. And I love the yellow-green leaves unfurling all over the trees, and how the scenery along I-40 is much less barren.

I am really happy with the way things are going right now. I went to my first Summit Bible study last night, and I am so excited about being able to go every week! I'm in a group with girls who are in their twenties. I'm the youngest by about a year, but I am thrilled to learn from everyone else in my Bible study. At Summit, J.D. has been preaching a sermon series on the Song of Solomon, which is surprisingly REALLY refreshing for me to hear, especially after breaky-uppy-ness. I know I am not going to get married for several years, but a big point he's emphasizing is depending on God for completion and wholeness, because a man will never meet my needs completely, even if he's next to perfect. And he talks about "not dating until you're ready not to date"-- meaning finding your identity in God and being okay with singleness. I think I'm really ok with being single right now. And I'm really glad for being able to use this time to really find who I am in Christ, and discover more of who He is.

Yay.

I probably ought to be listening to my professor, but for some reason, Astronomy class is always the time I feel like writing. Hm. And how am I supposed to pay attention to this? (Seriously. This is real-time, folks.)

Tonight, I don't have a DTH shift, which I'm pretty glad for, because I want to go to Panera and get some hot chocolate and write my Polisci paper. Ooh, but I actually got a Daily Tar Heel assignment last week (yaaay!) and drove with a reporter to Winston-Salem to take pictures of the Rev. Jesse Jackson, which was pretty baller. AND it got in the paper. Hecks yes.

I can't wait until May 12. Beach trip!

With love and crosswords and not paying attention at all,
Megan

2 comments

  1. samantha on April 16, 2008 at 12:37 PM

    i just love you megan. you're beautiful!

     
  2. Bristol on April 23, 2008 at 4:05 PM

    i can't believe you used the world baller. haha. i love you and your posts. the end.