There have been different concepts floating around in my head the past few days. I think I would like to make them into poetry (blank verse?) or music. I need to bring my keyboard to the new apt. in August. Maybe I'll re-learn guitar. Whenever I fail to exercise creativity (like I have failed to write in my journal since who knows when), It's like I've forgotten part of myself, or let something lie dormant, unused, neglected.


Disclaimer: This is a theraputic paragraph. You can skip it.
Voglio tornare a l'Italia. Mi manca. Tutto-- viaggare, scrivere, vedere le cose nuove. Non posso vedere niente tanta maestosa come la vista di Firenze della Piazzale di Michelangelo. Non posso camminare sulle strade che diventavono tante familiare. Ho bisogno di tornare. O, a meno, ho bisogno di fare cosa importante, avventurosa, nuova, meravigliosa con la mia vita.

Sometimes I just need to think in Italian for a minute. Is that really dumb? Do I need to just move on?

In other news, I'm in an environmental ethics class that makes me read 60 pages every night about corn, and it makes me not want to eat beef (the typical cattle factory farm procedure is super-cruel). I really like burgers and steak, though. But I'm really sad for the cows that lead really crappy lives.

This is where my "I would have been a really good hippie minus the hard drugs and free love" side kicks in.

And I bought earrings with birds on them.

With love and multigrain cheerios,
Megan

1 Comment

  1. Emerly Sue on May 19, 2008 at 12:47 AM

    Don't ever get over the places, people or "things" you love. They are what make you alive. God gives you passions for a reason. You are allowed to fall in love with things sometimes because they are reflections of God's kingdom, I think. Fall in love with the world, because someday when we get to heaven, people from everywhere, people speaking Italian will be there and you will be able to run up and say something. (: