Today I'm feeling the need to escape. To move to New York and get a job, join a really awesome church and start over (Bristol and Emily can move with me-- that'd be great). Why do I always feel like I need to be somewhere else? I am so content, and yet I know there are bigger things... better things that will be within grasp soon, I suppose.

I made a friend recently who has challenged the way I think. Just by his words in everyday conversation, I feel challenged. To think deeply and quickly. To be able to access extensive knowledge because I have read and taken in important things. To be motivated to learn. It's funny how much you can learn from simple conversations with people.



On a totally different note, some things are impossible to explain to people. I'm coming to a point where I'm comfortable with what God has shown me in certain areas in my life. It feels great to know that something is right-- that something is doubtlessly of God. But then when you try to explain it verbally, there aren't nearly enough words. Or there are too many meaningless words.

God has so been my refuge lately. He has been calling me to Himself, and finally I am tuning my ear to Him a little better. Through books and His word and tactile experiences, He is making Himself so real to me. I stood with my feet in the ocean Friday night, looking up at a vast sky of stars and feeling so small but so full. To think that He desires me-- that thought became so simultaneously real and unbelievable to me for the first time. (You know those thoughts that you should have thought before, and you are just now grasping them for the first time? It's kind of humbling.)

Anyway, I guess God is just being Himself, and He reveals glimpses of Himself through my experiences.

And I love Him for reminding me of Himself, even when things seem unbearable. For example, mid-horrible-cry, I think of how sweet it would be to spend time with Him. What could be more comforting?

With love and dehydration,
Megan

also, Nichole Nordeman is just good. "Brave" has been my theme song lately (thanks to Em).

1 Comment

  1. Bristol on July 28, 2008 at 7:03 PM

    i will move with you :) we need to hang out. beach trip after daycamp? i'd love to get a tan again :) plus we have a lot to catch up on.