I don't think I have ever had a semester in which the days fly by so quickly. It's not that I don't want to get things done, or that I'm procrastinating. It's that there aren't even enough hours in the day to do what I need to do. I am already behind-- how is that even happening?

Things have been hard lately. I've found that I hold myself back, to the point that when I do have to talk in front of people, it comes out in a jumbled mess often opposite of what I mean to say. Lesson learned this week: speak boldly, but speak wisely.

Finding my identity in the Lord has been a point of focus, too. I am so thankful that in Jesus there is freedom. Not slavery or shoes to fill or checklists. But joy and rest. True, true freedom. I get this image of a tiny bird released from a cage, overwhelmed by the fact that it can go anywhere, not sure where to even begin. But fluttering on the wind and finding a course, stumbling upon beauty and making discoveries.

So here I sit with my green tea and rose candle, my written-in-every-available-space planner opened to this past week. I'm catching up on things that are past-due. I had a 12-hour day today and I am going through feminine products like it's my job. I mean... did I just say that? And I have clean jeans on my bed and a hair straightener that actually works, and lots and lots to do tomorrow, including shooting a giant paper puppet show thang for pj, doing a multimedia project that will inevitably take me a few hours and lots of other things.

Now it's time for showering and cleaning this crazy room and bedtime.

With love and dearly missing my 10-22mm lens,
Megan

1 Comment

  1. samantha on September 8, 2008 at 11:26 PM

    321 madison ave
    apt 301
    boone, nc 28607


    i love you!!