J.D. has been preaching a series called, "Why I'm Not a Christian." They set up a website for people to respond (whyimnotachristian.com), and they published a huge page of responses. You can feel the anger seething from the responses-- people who have been wronged by the church, or who think that Christianity is ludicrous. One answer resonated with me the most. It was simple and genuine.

"mostly because I would have to give up too much."

I don't know why. But this just pierced my heart. I want so badly for this person to know what they would gain from knowing Jesus. But I'm really surprised by their honesty.

I'm really happy that the weather is starting to change (I'm ignoring the fact that the high is 95 today). But I love fall; it's my favorite, and I'm so excited about the leaves and such, since I really missed them living in the city last year. Yay for crisp air and falling leaves and apple cider and sweaters and corduroys.

Trusting God is good, and I'm trying to do more of it.

I also have realized lately that I spend way too much on stuff I don't need (ok I've known this for a while). I'll go buy something cute from Target, even if it's a dollar, and it serves as a kind of pick-me-up, and that probably shouldn't be the case. I need to find my identity, fulfillment and delight in the Lord, not in things.

On the agenda today:
Deliver book and photos to Ms. Montague
Dinner at home
Laundry
Clean, clean, clean because I certainly won't have time to do it this week!

With love and good sermons,
Megan

0 comments