I went to two churches today. And we sang this song in both of them. This song and I have a history... a love-hate relationship, in that I love the words so much, but they make me cry a lot of the time, and I hate being emotional. Anyway, you've probably heard it, but it doesn't get old for me. The victory and joy in these words is what gets me. To sing these words and know they are true is so freeing to me. 

Why don't we celebrate the resurrection of Christ more often? Geez. So wonderful.

Anyway, here's the song. Love it or else.

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song.
This cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace--
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease.
My comforter, my all in all-- here in the love of Christ, I stand.

In Christ alone, who took on flesh, 
Fullness of God in helpless babe--
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
Till on that cross, when Jesus died, 
The wrath of God was satisfied.
For every sin on Him was laid.
Here in the death of Christ, I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain.
Then, bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again. 
And, as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me.
For I am His, and He is mine.
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life; no fear in death--
This is the power of Christ in me.
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand.
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

---

This Easter was kind of weird for me. I'm at a point in my faith where I'm feeling things out for myself. For so long I've just accepted-- I have believed, and I really have experienced my faith and know it to be true. 

But right now is just different. It's like I know the answer to the math problem, but I need to work it out, for myself, to really understand how you get the answer. Does that make sense? 

So it was really wonderful to rejoice in the fact that I am redeemed and loved, but I am a little bit separated from it at the moment. It has been really beautiful, though. Jesus pursues us in different ways, and with different timing. He loves me. And you. Individually. In our own experiences. 

I like it, I like it. And I am learning.

With love and a small amount of productivity,
Megan

0 comments