I went to photo class and got my professor and my editor to look over my project. They gave really constructive feedback, helped me formulate a script, and were generally encouraging. I went back to the labs later at night and just worked the project, and I'm making progress!

I also sang in studio, in Hill Hall Auditorium, which always makes me happy because my voice fills up the room and resonates everywhere (which is startling at first, but then I get used to it). But I was shaking and nervous, and I know I didn't sing as well as I could have. But the feedback I got from people was SO encouraging. People said things like, "you have a beautiful voice," "I don't know why you are nervous," "sing out," and one girl said, "I almost cried. I was moved." 

Seriously, I almost wept up on that stage hearing such encouragement. To be validated like that was so wonderful. I'm really working on the whole confidence thing, but I still find it hard to believe that I am really good at anything. I still remember a comment Emily left on a post a couple months ago that said, "your photos are beautiful." I actually teared up when I read that. It is so hard for me to believe that I am talented at anything or even capable sometimes. I'm sure that's incredibly self-sabotaging. But yes. That's why studio was so good for me yesterday.

And I think that's why I really appreciate those people in my life who push me to put myself out there. Whether it's getting me to get up in front of people, or to dance, or to say what's really on my mind. I need that. And I hope I get to a place where I don't have to be dragged to do these things. 

On another note, I'm looking up fitness classes this week, and the SRC website says, "Our website has changes." That just made me giggle, and I'm not sure why.

Now I'm off to finish this article to send to people in Prague who I really want to work for!!!

With love and lots of work,
Megan

1 Comment

  1. nancy ray on April 28, 2009 at 8:55 PM

    hahaha zing ting! that made me laugh! and the quote
    "our website has changes"... bahaha! what?! so funny.

    i miss you and your sweetness! thank you so much for your uplifting words. i would love to shoot with you sometime because that would be F-U-N. your work is beautiful and intriguing... i find myself looking at your photos for long amounts of time, and i love it.

    love you girl!