This is what my life has looked like lately:

a mess.


And just chaos.

But good chaos.  

I have yet another documentary story now. The couple I was going to do my story on is having a really tough time, and I am now doing a story where I have full access and all is well! Hallelu! It's a soup kitchen in Raleigh, and the woman who runs it, Mary, is so wonderful. I'm really happy to be working with them. 


Wow, have I learned a lot in the past couple of weeks. I'm such a dreamer, and when I get an idea in my head, I go at it full-throttle and obsess over it. When I see that it really won't work out, I drop it and move on. I see that in so many things in my life... when I was applying for Paris and Galapagos and all this other stuff, I was so gung-ho until... it didn't work out. I'm glad that, if the things I'm obsessing over right now don't work out, that I'll get over it and go on.

I'm feeling really good about letting things happen right now. In a week or so, I'll know if I have a job-- a job I really want. I'll be almost done with the semester, on the brink of graduating. (I feel like I need to watch the episode of Gilmore Girls, "Unto the Breach" over and over right now, because Rory, I am so you! Minus the whole boy wanting to marry you thing.)

I like where I am right now. Even though it's really sad and scary. Saying goodbye to Chapel Hill and hello to... somewhere else in the world?! This is so crazy. 

bah!

With love and adventure, 
Megan

*Brand New Day -- Joshua Radin. You are the song for my life right now. That and Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire, I could play on repeat for a really long time.

2 comments

  1. Kristi on April 10, 2009 at 10:51 PM

    don't worry, that's pretty much what my life looks like on a daily basis!

     
  2. Emerly Sue on April 13, 2009 at 6:07 PM

    I love Joshua Radin a lot.