Photo by ღMayuღ.

I had a pity party today.

It was stupid.

I'm over it.

---

My mom said to me a few weeks ago, "You know something I love about you? You don't need a guy to be happy." I didn't know whether to take that as a compliment or as a pat-pat on the back because I don't have a boyfriend. In the end, I decided it's a good thing.

For a little while (up until like, half an hour ago), I haven't thought that way. I've felt very un-beautiful recently, very not-enough. But now I'm back to knowing that my life is really good. If a boy comes along and wants to be a part of my life, awesome. But I have so many reasons to be happy.

[I think it's wonderful that God fills scripture with things that affirm our identity in Him. If I didn't know Him, I think that having confidence and being comfortable in my own skin would be SO much more difficult than it already is.]

I have been on lots of flickr safaris lately. It's great fun. You should try it. It wastes your time but makes life better.

With love and soup,
Megan

2 comments

  1. Emerly Sue on April 14, 2009 at 8:40 PM

    YAAAY. You are redeemed, treasured, beloved, enough. AND YOU DON"T NEED A MAN. (;

     
  2. Kristi on April 15, 2009 at 8:21 PM

    Amen to that! I completely identify with your struggle.... I have to remind myself every day how treasured and lovely I am in the eyes of Christ.