"This is what I was made to do."

I've never had that feeling before. Ever. During college, I always second-guessed my choices of majors. (Photojournalism and psychology? Really, you're going to find a job with that dynamic duo?)

I didn't really want to work for a newspaper. I didn't really want to do weddings forever (as much as I love them, I just don't feel a strong passion that will keep me in that field for very long). I wasn't sure about pursuing counseling, because that's a lot of schoolin' and money for a job I'm not sure I want to do forever.

This week, all doubt is removed from my mind regarding what I will be doing for the next two years, and maybe beyond.

Job title: writer/editor/photographer
Location: the Czech Republic

The job itself is going to be freakin' incredible. And beyond that, God has totally put European peoples on my heart recently. I think eventually I would like to be in Stockholm. But for the next two years, Praha, I'm yours.

Fact of the day: the Czech Republic is the most atheistic country in Europe. With its turbulent history, I am a bit overwhelmed.

This week I had the privilege of meeting a lot of really great girls and guys with the same heart for the nations. I've never experienced anything like it, and this diversity-loving lady was PSYCHED to see God orchestrate their passions and destinations.

I am way excited about the days to come. But way sad to think that in three months I have to say hundreds of goodbyes.

with love and purpose,
Megan

2 comments

  1. Emerly Sue on October 24, 2009 at 9:29 PM

    Say your goodbyes slowly. Or not at all. Just say "See ya later."

     
  2. Kristi on October 25, 2009 at 2:35 PM

    I can't lie, I feel pretty jealous right now. I really want to go back, but I don't know if/when that will be God's will....and if I did I wish our time there could somehow overlap! Which organization are you going with, by the way?