To be honest, few things really offend me. But this made me furious all day long.

A customer came in to the store today with an iMac that didn't work. He told me he worked for a particular church. I told him that we do repairs by appointment basis, and that I could book him the next available appointment in two hours.

Initiate freakout. This customer went on a self-entitled rant how an appointment system is stupid, how Apple doesn't care about its customers, and then proceeded to call his co-worker and loudly give a diatribe (making sure I could hear him) about how I was being "snooty."

Of course, he eventually calmed down and took the earliest available appointment, and made a weak attempt to cover himself ("You were just doing your job... but Apple is just practicing bad business, blah blah blah")

So he went on his merry way, and I was totally angry. It's one thing for a customer to be rude-- this happens on a very regular basis. But for you to tell me that you work on LEADERSHIP at a CHURCH, and then proceed to loudly insult me on the phone to your friend... that is NOT okay.

What an awful representation of the gospel. I hate that people experience this all the time, because it is not fair, and it is not Christ. I know we're imperfect people and we are inevitably going to be somewhat hypocritical because we represent a holy God... but come on. You've gotta work harder than giving childish tirades when your wants are not immediately accommodated.

Just a rant. I'm done now.

With love and wanting to make a t-shirt that says "be nice,"
Megan

1 Comment

  1. Emerly Sue on October 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM

    I don't think it's mean. Just for real. Don't be acting a fool cause I'm actually trying to love people like Jesus would and you're ruining it for me.