Beach., originally uploaded by Farfalla Fiorentina.

This photo is cut off but I'm too lazy to fix it.

The ocean is the most soothing/invigorating thing in the world to me. I could just lay in the sun, covered in salt water with sand in my hair, indefinitely.


Sometimes I wish I could take a picture just with my eyes-- without having to crop anything out. Last week I was lying on the beach on my stomach, with my head cradled in my arm. I opened my eyes to see my hair reflecting the sun,and beyond my hair was the shoreline, dotted with umbrellas. I wanted to photograph it, but I could never get the same shot unless I threw my hair in front of the lens and fashioned my arm around the camera to get the silhouette of my arm framing the image.

I think sometimes when I'm taking photographs, it takes me out of the experience. It's as if I'm not really there, that I'm watching the world through a documenting device, not experiencing that thing for myself.

Just thoughts. I want to go to the beach.

With love and still craving Krispy Kreme,
Megan

0 comments