I'm a total photojournal failure. I just don't have time at the moment. Maybe 5 photos a week?

This summer has been really sweet. Lots of beach trips, visiting new places (Charleston, I love you!) and lots of days lounging by the pool with lovely friends.

Now as everyone preps to go back to school (which includes a lot of my post-grad friends, because they're all teachers!) I am coming to realize things will never be quite the same again. Everyone's making these huge life transitions-- getting married, moving across the country, starting full-time jobs-- and I will be out of the country, probably by March.

This fall is going to be especially hard because I don't have a fresh semester of classes ahead of me. I'm a nerd, and I really like going to school. I like the Target run for school supplies, the purchasing of hundreds of dollars worth of textbooks, the syllabi, the rush of motivation at the beginning of the semester that only lasts about two weeks. It's like some weird academic high for me, and it's really sad to me that I'm not doing it anymore. At least not for a few years.

But hopefully I will be working more, and watching as my dear friends find jobs and start doing what they love. Throw in some trips to the mountains during the fall, some pretty scarves and crisp fall air, and I think I'll be able to look past the fact that I'm done with school.

With love and autumn approaching,
Megan

1 Comment

  1. Bristol on August 13, 2009 at 11:16 PM

    mountains=blacksburg, yes?