So, today I learned that my parents kept a precious little baby journal during my first year and a half or so. I learned a lot about myself, including the fact that I was calmed down by my father whistling the Andy Griffith theme song, and that I was a rolling machine. Apparently, I often said of my surroundings, "It's pretty, isn't it?" bahaha.

My two favorite excerpts from this journal: 

"Wherever you go, there follows a swath of destruction." -Dad

"You really love the outdoors. We went to get the mail this afternoon and went across the street to smell the honeysuckles. You were so bright-eyed." -Mom

Other favorites from this journal include my Dad talking about baptism and just the overwhelming feeling of love from my parents' writing. 

With love and a new treasure,
Megan

1 Comment

  1. nancy ray on January 5, 2009 at 11:07 PM

    what a precious treasure! that is amazing, really.

    also, i seriously almost blogged that same quote from that same precious email from the lady overseas :). it hit me like a ton of bricks, and was also included in my new years resolutions!

    ok, for starters... check out

    tamaralackey.com
    waltersandwalters.com
    darablakeley.com
    alwaysautumnstudios.com
    thebecker.com
    jasminestarblog.com
    kenluallen.com

    haha you can tell i stalk a lot of photographers :). if i think of more i'll let you know! thanks so much for your compliments :) i have always LOVED all the work of yours that i have seen!

    blessings to you in 09!!