Breakfast, originally uploaded by Farfalla Fiorentina.

Hi, my name's Megan, and I'm a Carolina graduate who can't even wait tables.

Today was a recovery day. I worked at my new job all weekend (I'm a server at The Twisted Fork), and last night proved that I am the worst waitress ever. I totally screwed up a man's whole meal, and I felt like a total moron. It was really, really bad.

But God has ways of turning that kind of stuff around. I got home and talked to fun people until late at night (including a phone call from Em, my fellow insomniac, at 2:30 a.m.), watched a little Dorm Life and slept till noon. When I woke up, I sleepily shuffled my bare feet down the stairs and into the kitchen. I opened the refrigerator door and there was a whole container of fresh blackberries. I went to the counter and found one perfectly ripe banana and a peach. Perfect! I threw some cherries in, too. I feel so much better when I eat fresh, unadulterated fruit and vegetables (I made homemade salsa for dinner). I seriously need to start buying just produce and minimal non-natural foods. I feel noticeably better when I eat like this-- straight from nature, no processed junk.

So I sat down, watched a travel show on Brussels, read Real Simple, and went to the library with Emily. It was a good day. Tomorrow will be a photo workday. Parking my butt in a coffee shop for quite a while.

I really love summer.

With love and needing to unpack from college,
Megan

1 Comment

  1. Emerly Sue on June 16, 2009 at 11:43 AM

    boo needing to unpack from college...