This weekend I'm doing photography for the Frankie Lemmon Foundation. They run a really incredible school for children with special needs, and this weekend they are hosting winemakers who help fund the school. Last night I went to seven dinner venues. Today I went to the school and to the men's and women's luncheons, and a party this evening. Tomorrow is the big gala. 

I need a massage.

I'm learning a lot about being a photographer. Like when to keep my distance after being with people for hours on end, and when it's ok to peace out of an event, and hey, I'm learning about myself, too.

A woman approached me tonight and was like, "still clicking away, huh? Do you ever get tired of photography?" 

I said no. But I was tired. On the way home, I realized I really don't get tired of photography itself. I don't get tired of images and composing and clicking the shutter a thousand times in a day. What tires me is the social involvement. I have GOT to loosen up around new people. I am so quiet and socially awkward until I get to know someone and can be comfortable around them. Then, and only then, can I be un-nervous and somewhat witty. Sometimes. 

Once I get more comfortable in my own skin, and I'm willing to put myself out there, I think I can be really good at this. 

When I realized I needed to just stop holding back so much, I sang at the top of my lungs on the way home. Letting go felt good. 

Here's a few pictures of the kids at the school this morning. I'm having fun.



(he was blowing kisses to the camera, I think.)



with love and adoring these sweet kids and their families,
Megan


p.s. I feel the need to share this link with the MILLIONS of people who actually look at this blog. I understand that you're so intimidated by my writing skills that you are afraid to comment. It's ok. But seriously, her photos describe how I feel. Or want to feel. Or want to live. Yes. I just want to live in these photographs, if that's possible.  kthanks.

0 comments