These words keep resonating in my head. What a wonderful/daunting goal. 

Also, my cry to God lately is to believe. I do not live day to day as if the Gospel has truly permeated my life. It comes in fits and starts, and I pray that God would bring me to a point of just... belief. Belief that He is who He says He is, and belief that He loves me. It is so hard for me to grasp that. Obviously, I have believed the Gospel and trusted Christ to save me, but if I really, consistently believed and trusted God, I think my life would look different.

Today I prayed desperately for God to make my mind consumed with Africa if that was what He wanted for me. I tend to romanticize everything. So at this point I'm thinking wonderful people, colorful homes, tropical fruit and gorgeous landscapes. And giraffes-- you can't leave out the giraffes. (I did not take this picture, obvi.)


But my love for Africa stems from a deep burden for AIDS and poverty, and I think that living there would be a dichotomy of color and bleakness, joy and sobriety. 

I am going to miss Chapel Hill a lot. I love walking across the quad, even sitting in the basement of Carroll Hall (basically I live in the VisCom labs). This place is really dear to me, and I am just soaking up everything I can at this point.

What a great time in my life. Despite the stress of everything constantly pushing down on me, I am so glad to be where I am.

With love and belief,
Megan

1 Comment

  1. Emerly Sue on February 20, 2009 at 4:59 PM

    What a privilege to have to many options when we graduate. (: