(Confession: once I sang that song for an a capella group audition. It was silly but fun. And way embarrassing.)




I love the pieces in this Etsy shop. I want to hang like 10 of them in my house. Art + Words = Lovely.

I can't wait till I live abroad. I feel like I'll collect so many treasures and photos and memories, that my senses will be maxed out from everything I want to soak in, and I'll flop into bed at night knowing I'm living an adventure. How perfectly orchestrated it all would be-- doing a job that I love, that isn't the same day in and out, loving people and ministering to them, demonstrating the Gospel to them, all the while living in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe? 

Why are we prone to think that God doesn't want to bless us? 

"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matthew 7:11

(With an exclamation point, mind you.) This week, I have been so overcome with worry-- what if something goes wrong and I won't get to go to Prague? I'm honestly expecting something to mess it up. It frustrates me that my default mode of thinking is so self-sabotaging. God knows my willingness to be a part of missions, He knows my potentially excessive desire to live abroad for a few years. Why don't I trust that He wants good for be because He loves me? 

At choir tonight we talked about a man who passed away last week-- He was an active member of the choir, and when he asked friends to pray for him in his sickness, he would say something like, "pray for the one whom Jesus loves." And he'd point to scripture, affirming his identity as a precious son of God. I hope that I come to the point where it's second nature to say of myself, "I am the one whom Jesus loves." Life must be SO much better when we embrace that truth. Why is it so difficult?

Oh yeah, because satan's a jerk. 

But here's to believing, anchoring my hope in the Lord, and embracing my identity as a treasured, loved child of God, believing He wants good for me because He loves me deeply.

With love and a summer waitressing job,
Megan

0 comments