I'm sitting on my roof (enjoying the faint scent of honeysuckles and the blinking of 2 lone fireflies), and I'm exhausted. Today I shot my first wedding as a second shooter with Annie Harrison. Things did not go as anticipated. This is how I am feeling right now:


(in other words, like a big fat wedding photo failure)

I want to be good. For real. How is it that I still have SO MUCH trouble with off-camera flash? Oh yeah, because I hate it and use it as little as possible. And HOW is it appropriate for me to still mess up exposure? Note to self: learn how to use light, ya ninny. You have a degree in this.

I also had my eyes opened to the fact that I need equipment. Like woah. I do not have a decent flash. I do not have any lenses that are low-light-situation-appropriate. And, on top of this, my shutter died immediately following the ceremony, rendering my camera unusable (good thing Annie had a spare). But that will be like 400 bucks to repair! 

Oh, Jesus. Remind me that my life does not depend on money. Money frustrates me anyway. 

I was also encouraged by this quite timely blog post from the Wedding Photographer of All Wedding Photographers (in my opinion), Jasmine Star.

Anyhow, here's some shots from today. Yay for learning experiences!

With love and life lessons,
Megan









2 comments

  1. Emerly Sue on May 31, 2009 at 10:38 PM

    The ones you put here look good!

     
  2. Annie on October 19, 2009 at 9:44 PM

    How is it that I didn't know you had a blog? And a cute one, at that? I can't decide if I want to adopt you (because I am ever so much more older and crustastic than you) or just hire you to hang out with me and make me happy. Or both!