.

Sometimes I think I am very good at being single. I like the freedom. I like being unattached. Because I can see myself moving to Prague for a couple of years, then traveling who knows where doing something else wonderful and adventurous and new. No ties.

But then I think about how great it would be to share those things with someone, to be with someone whose heart is equally infused with the love of travel and adventure. To walk along the Cliffs of Moher looking out over the sea, to trek across India or sip coffee in a Swedish coffee shop. And suddenly I am just as lonely as the girl who cries, "I just want a boyfriend." Except that it's not just some guy I want, it's The Guy.

I think it would be nice to have a relationship that embraces freedom. Maybe that's completely unrealistic. But to trust each other enough to give the other space, and at the same time know that you need each other and you are wholly committed to each other... I think it would be cool.

But I'm still thrilled to be embarking on this adventure on my own. I don't really think I'd have it any other way. I don't know what I want, really.

But I do know that if The Guy had an accent, I wouldn't mind.

With love and being a silly girl,
Megan

1 Comment

  1. Mary Marantz on May 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM

    ah, what an awesome post!!