Rachel came and told me good night, and I totally thought it was 9 or 10. It was 12:15. I am so not tired.

It's ok, because tomorrow I don't have my first class, so I can sleep in. I also have Bible study, which I'm pretty excited about, too.

I finished A Thousand Splendid Suns today. I feel extra-accomplished when I finish big books like that. It was so good. I cried some, especially when Tariq... well, I don't want to ruin it for you. Here is one of my favorite little dialogues:

"Your father is a good man. He is the best man I've ever known."
"What if he leaves?" Aziza said.
"He will never leave. Look at me, Aziza. Your father will never hurt you, and he will never leave."
The relief on Aziza's face broke Laila's heart.

I think that everyone is at least a little jaded and broken, and to know that a love will be permanent almost seems unreal. And we want so badly to believe that this can be true for us. For a lot of people, I guess that's found in a familial relationship, or in a marital relationship. But it's so wonderful to know that God will never fail us. We will never be let down by Him. We might feel neglected by Him sometimes, or feel like He isn't there, but His character is consistency, and He will never hurt us or leave us. We are so, so precious to Him.

I think God's beginning to break down a stronghold in my heart, and I'm really thankful for that. It seems really trivial at face value, but it's a big deal in that it's really been consuming my thoughts, so I'm so glad that I can just put it behind me.

On a random sidenote, If I had a plane ticket to just about anywhere right now, I'd go. I think this is true most of the time, but I felt like saying it. So there you go.

With love and a busy schedule,
Megan

2 comments

  1. racherie on June 9, 2008 at 6:35 PM

    the idea that everyone is jaded and broken has been showing up a lot in my life lately... it's good because it's so real and obvious and harsh... but points so clearly to the gospel...

     
  2. Emerly Sue on June 9, 2008 at 8:03 PM

    It's good to see God as a Father who dearly loves us.