Disclaimer: This post contains serious girliness and emotional involvement. Content not suitable for children or wishy-washy boys.

I am still in my little aqua dress, with curly hair and ouchy feet and happy thoughts that I want to blog about (clearly). No matter that I have a paper to write. This will take fiiive minutes. Really.

Nancy and Will got married today (yaaay!) and I am just so overwhelmed with their perfectness for each other. It's been such a long time coming! And there was so much joy in their faces, in anticipation of spending the rest of their lives together. During one of the songs, I looked over and they were holding hands, eyes closed, softly singing along together. It was so beautiful.


Recently, I've been thinking a lot about marriage/engagement/weddings and the excitement that I want to have in those parts of my life. In these thoughts and daydreams and such, I didn't really touch on the fact that I am going to invest myself in this person, that I am going to trust him with my life. But when I go to these weddings and witness the immense love that is shared by two people, my heart leaps with excitement to think that one day this might happen to me. I so crave a strong, Biblical marriage. I don't want to set myself up to be disappointed or to expect too much, but thinking about being able to share my life with a man I can trust and joyfully serve puts a grin on my face and dreams in my head.

I have had a lot of recurring dreams about my wedding day, and in every one I am totally not ready or wanting to get married at all. I would wake up tense and full of anxiety and simultaneous relief that it was only a dream. This week I had a dream about my wedding day, and I wasn't necessarily giddy beyond belief or anything, but I was so glad. Just completely sure that I was making the right choice with someone whose face I couldn't see. But it was someone I trusted fully, and someone I was fully ready to spend my life loving. It was one of those dreams where you can't see the man's face, but you know his character and who he is. It was a nice change of dream-pace.

It's really nice to think that there's someone out there that I could joyfully commit my life to.

With love and wayyyyyy too much girliness,
Megan

crap. I still haven't started my paper.

2 comments

  1. Emerly Sue on June 23, 2008 at 1:23 PM

    girliness is okay sometimes. we are girls. (:

     
  2. racherie on June 24, 2008 at 12:31 PM

    girlinesssssss! i feel the same way