I love summer. I've spent a couple of evenings the past week sitting out by Barnes and Noble, reading or doing work or journaling or whatever. I always forget how much I love being outside. I walked back to my car around dusk tonight, and the sky seemed bigger, more vast than usual. My eyes were just fixed on the dark blue clouds, and my heart was quiet and I just breathed deeply and it was lovely.

I'm learning a lot about prayer lately, and how it's so irresponsible of me not to pray. Not that I ought to pray in order to be a more responsible/"better" person, but that's just something that comes along with it. We have been given the opportunity to just sit and talk with God, and He chooses to let us be a part of making history by praying fervently. How irresponsible to let that opportunity go to waste, and how un-loving of me to fail to pray for those around me, and those I haven't even met yet. There is a dire need for Christians to pray, and pray with belief.

Just a thought.

I really can't wait to decorate my new room, but more so, I just really miss my big world wall map. It's such a faithful reminder of how small I am, and how much of the world there is to see and experience and love and share Jesus with. And I'm going to paint my walls green and sleep soundly in my own bed.

I just started second summer session, and I'm going to make a countdown calendar. This class may just suck the life out of me (Lab Research Psyc). Three hours a day. So much time to be talking about statistics and data analysis (which sounds like Chandler's job).

I also got a new phone that looks like an egg. It's no iPhone, but I like it a lot, and it doesn't take 15 minutes of plugging and unplugging and turning on and off to get it to charge every night! Yess!

I think I will go get a new grown-up license tomorrow.

With love and new earrings,
Megan

1 Comment

  1. Emerly Sue on June 20, 2008 at 10:00 AM

    I love love being outside too. I miss sleeping "outside" at camp...There are three cats outside my window now. I want to catch them and make them my friends.