It has been a long time since I've stayed up too late reading a book that I can't put down. It actually makes me wish I could read faster so I can find out what happens faster. I love books like that. It's A Thousand Splendid Suns, by the way. And it's great.

Yesterday was a fantastic day. I had the day off work, so I went to the pool and swam and tanned (which will make no apparent difference), and then I went to campfire and saw wonderful people and fun campers, and I really missed it. I miss being a part of something so important. I know God has other important things for me, but I wish I could be there for one more summer. Something about camp soothes me. It's home.

I'm skipping class today. I'm going to bake cupcakes for a roomie's birthday and mayyybe go to the pool, and then work until 11. Wooohoo.

And read.

With love and missing things,
Megan

2 comments

  1. Emerly Sue on June 6, 2008 at 3:39 PM

    Came will always be a home. But we'll find new homes too. (:

     
  2. Anonymous on June 6, 2008 at 6:56 PM

    man megan...i thought you'd say that yesterday was a fantastic day because you got to talk to me...haha...but oh well.

    C-Comforting
    A-And
    M-Mainly
    P-Peaceful

    I think we all leave a little part of ourselves there at New Life Camp, but I have to think that is the way it should be you know? Any place worth missing keeps a little piece of us long after we're gone, and yes, I also hope to work there again someday...but even if we don't get to, we will always have the summers of the past...and the memories we share....

    I miss it.
    Bradley.